Take a look at the top 10 reasons you need car insurance:
- It’s the law. In almost every state, including Virginia, you must at least have liability car insurance or you'll face criminal fines. Repeated offenses could lead to the loss of your driver’s license and even a jail sentence. As far as reasons go, jail is a pretty you need car insurance, don't you think?
- Your car is an important asset. For many people, a car is the second-most-expensive purchase they will make in their lives, next to the purchase of a home. Vehicles are essential not just because they’re expensive, but also because of the service they provide to families. Car insurance is a way to protect that important asset.
- No New Car For You! If you try to purchase a new car that includes a loan, you won't qualify if you don't have a full auto insurance policy. Beyond that, you won't be able to lease a vehicle either. Your lender will always want to be paid. If you have an accident and can’t afford to get your vehicle repaired because you don’t have car insurance, the company that provided you a car loan won’t stop asking for monthly payments. Car insurance is one way to help ensure that you can continue to make your car loan payments.
- Cars get you where you need to go when you need to get there. If you decide to skip auto insurance and then get into an accident and sustain damage you can’t afford to repair, you'll still need to get to work and make other necessary daily trips. Car insurance helps pay for car repairs so you can get where you need to go when you need to get there. Or, you could take a bus.
- The cost of a major accident. One of the many important roles of car insurance is the money for medical costs of people who are injured in accidents that are your fault. Of course, that includes any injuries you may suffer as well.
- Provide legal protection. There’s absolutely nothing stopping someone from suing you after an accident, even if the accident was THEIR fault. Auto insurance gives you a buffer between legal claims and your wallet. That includes providing an attorney to handle any lawsuit stemming from a lawsuit over an automobile accident.
- Protection from Mother Nature. You may think this would never happen to you, but what will you do if there’s a lightening strike, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake that damages or even totals your vehicle? It only takes a tree limb falling on your car from a simple storm and you may be looking at thousands of dollars in damage.
- Non-accident protection. Car insurance can also be crucial if your vehicle is stolen or vandalized.
- Avoid possible bankruptcy. For many people, the uninsured loss of a vehicle completely turns their lives upside-down. There’s no money for another vehicle, so getting to work on time can be difficult. That can lead to loans or credit card use that could spiral out of control.
- PEACE OF MIND. Because car insurance helps in so many areas, not having insurance can lead to some nerve-racking times just hoping against hope that no other bad news arrives. Able Insurance provides peace of mind with auto insurance, life insurance, home insurance and business policies.
My own car was totaled in a thunderstorm because the tree NEXT to it was struck by lightening - 100% true story. I was told that the current possibly went through the tree, into the ground, and then through the tire rod in my car. It blew out the computer in my vehicle costing nearly $17,000 in damage. The insurance company totaled it and my loan on it was paid off and I was free and clear to go out and purchase another vehicle. - denise hood from richmond, virginia
For Auto, Home, or Life Insurance In The State Of Virginia, with offices in
Richmond - 9103 Quioccasin Rd, Richmond, VA 23229 (804) 741-6305 and
Charlottesville - 716 Rio Rd West Charlottesville, VA 22901 (434) 979-0814